Slideshow

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Come to the Rama, Outdoorama that is

What is it with the outdoor sporting events? I see commercials for Outdoorama on TV but I haven't seen any live coverage from any of the channels. Yet every morning from Wed. on one of the stations is live at Autorama. Maybe it's because Autorama was around first as a rama. The origins of Outdoorama however go farther back than the auto version. In 1974 the Detroit outdoor shows were officially named Outdoorama and put on by the MUCC. These were big shows with big attendance. However, interest waned and even the bear wrestling features couldn't hold interest amongst the general public. I'm sure that's why the coverage is so sparse now but for true outdoor people it's just as much fun as it was 38 years ago.

It's always nice to meet new friends but even better to see some old ones. Fred Abbas was manning the A-Way Hunting booth and I picked up a sweet turkey hunting box call that I hope brings in the toms like the old one I got 10 years ago. Fred says it will. I also talked to Captain Dan from Stormy Chinook Charters. I've written about Dan before and am very impressed with his knowledge of fishing and the fisheries he uses.

The show is still a great adventure from hunting in Africa, America and Canada to fishing in remote Canada and catching Grayling in Michigan for the first time in 80 years. Plus many other outdoor activities and live animals.
So until the water warms up a little bit you need to...

Get Outdoors Downriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment